Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Die Spannung steigt.

Today our start numbers and the MyLaps ChampionChips have arrived. You can see my chip on the picture just underneath the 'M' in my name. Fancy stuff. The chip automatically registers our time at kilometers 5, 10 and 15. The little circle next to our numbers mean that we will start in the violet group. Everyone in this group must have estimated to run the whole thing in about 90 minutes. I wonder how much variance they allow in these groups and whether our group includes runners from 70-90 min or 90-110 min. The latter would be nicer, then we can take over and not the other way around :)
We will start from Fransestraat at 13:30. Given that we have the brown, red and pink groups starting in front of us, I don't think that we will cross the start line before 14:00. Though, that doesn't matter because of our fancy chips which will take the time only when we crossed this line.
So, the final practice runs will take place. If I keep my pace from today's morning run, I could make it in 93 minutes...promising :)




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ick drück' die Daumen, Manu...you have to make it in less than 90 minutes if not you also can have a nice walk in 95 minutes and don't need to struggle :-D Kiss Katrin

Manu said...

You just try and have a "nice" 15k walk in 95 minutes. Up and down 7 hills! :P

Karli said...

TSCHAKAAAA!!!
I'm sure you'll make it! But don't forget ... your ambition is nice but the main thing is you have fun!!!
:)