Thursday, August 09, 2012

The jogging diet...

... looked really promising in the beginning. I had tasty roasted aubergines, tomatoes, paprika and zucchinis, steamed salmon, whole grain pasta and in the mornings fresh yoghurt with banana and honey. That didn't feel at all like a strict diet and I was optimistic that it might motivate me to practice a bit more and eventually catch up with Laura.

But then I went to the UK. And suddenly I saw myself eating 6oz beef burger, Haggis, Neeps and Tatties, baked beans and sausages, sandwiches with more mayonnaise than anything else in them, everything always accompanied by chips and ketchup; and also cupcakes, carrot cakes (none as good as the one my roomie makes), shortbread with toffee on top and covered in chocolate (!) and not to forget: beer, beer and beer. But the really bad thing always came after eating: I was completely stuffed, couldn't move anymore and still, I wanted more! Luckily, they sell salty, fatty crisps in the pubs.

Sooo, you're free to vote against me. However, Laura is also on holiday, so I have ten more days to catch up. Too bad that I've just found this long forgotten ice cream in my freezer...

2 comments:

SkeptikerG said...

Forget about it!
You just aint got the eye of the tiger.

Think about a new hobby: hmmm.. pottery, floral design, origami, maybe calligraphy?

Manu said...

:) No Gregory, it's the opposite. I needed the setback to finally get started. But, well, floral design sounds good.